Background

Friday, September 16, 2011

Our Summer Travels

So, Preston was born May 17th, we went to Northern Washington State for my sister-in-laws wedding on July 11th-18th and then to Lake Tahoe August 25th-28th for my husband's cousins wedding.

Wow, traveling with an infant sure does require a lot of luggage (damn, I wish I had a picture).

We had 1 suitcase for me and baby, 1 for my husband, 1 carry-on, my breastpump, purse, Preston's Boppy (highly recommend for younger babies), and a mini freezer pack that holds 2 bottles. Oh, and how could I forget, the carseat and base. I'm sure we looked ridiculous to others.

When we dropped our car off at an off-site parking lot, a couple on our shuttle laughed at us. They said, "And we thought traveling with just the 2 of us was hard enough until we saw you guys with an infant." All I could do was laugh also. He confirmed that we indeed looked quite crazy.

I was very nervous about a 2-3 hour flight to Washington with an 8 week old baby who liked to be constantly moving.

I had Preston in the Moby while we had our layover and he loved it.




I also had to find a bathroom with an outlet so I could pump (that was interesting). I got 'er done though!

Needless to say, he proved me wrong. I shouldn't have worried a bit. He was amazing. Everyone loved him, ooh'd and aaah'd over him, including the flight attendants (who were amazing, I have to say) and he got fussy once but when we got him to sleep or fed him, he was fine.



We did a lot while in Washington, we even went to Vancouver (which made for a not-so-fun car ride home). He slept through the night 2 times while we were there and slept through the entire wedding reception.


Lunch in Vancouver

Hotel room for the wedding

It's wedding time!

Such a great baby!
I was beyond happy that I knew he had the ability to do great on planes since we had Lake Tahoe coming up a few weeks later.

At this point he was, 14 weeks old, bigger and MUCH heavier so I had a harder time getting him to sleep in my seat.

We got SO lucky that we got the front row of the plane so it was easy on & off and I didn't have to worry about exposing myself to the entire plane when trying to nurse him. We also had a wonderful man sitting next to us with his own grandchildren so he just loved Preston.

Once we got to Tahoe, we had to wait for my sister and brother-in-law to get there, rent a car and then drive about an hour to our condo. Luckily we had fed Preston while waiting for them so he was all set for the drive. We got a Cadillac as our rental (talk about baller status) and Preston slept the whole way there.

It was MUCH cooler in Tahoe than Phoenix but it was very refreshing. Tahoe is a beautiful place in the summer. I have never been during the winter and I don't really have any desire either.

Waiting for his Aunt and Uncle.

Loving the cooler weather.

Really liking the water but it's a bit cold.

Meeting his cousin, who is 12 days younger, for the first time.


LOVE him!!

I love my family!


We also didn't get the front row on our way home...we were towards the middle of the plan in the middle and inside seats. This made it harder to get up to change him, to rock him and to nurse him. I'm sure I exposed myself once or twice. (Preston's not a huge fan of the nursing cover.)

He got fussy at one point towards the end of the flight but I fed him and he fell asleep.

We had a great vacation but we were definitely happy to be home. He's a great traveler and we're happy we started so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment