Background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We celebrate in STYLE

Labor Day is usually not a day we like to “celebrate” but this year was a bit different.
My Mom has been in town since August 31st visiting us and her first grandbaby. (If you remember, she was here for his birth (insert link to back post) and had to leave when he was only 10 days old. (Yes, I cried….a lot.)
We have 2 couples of friends who have babies very close in age with Preston (I’m taking 2 days and 5 weeks apart) so we wanted to have them over to “play”. I also wanted my Mom to meet them and their kiddo’s. My Mom had met one couple while she was here because they had their baby 2 days before Preston was born.

We made the most amazing BBQ chicken, had pasta salad and watermelon then topped if off with YUMMY chocolate cupcakes.
Jenny and Jason, parents of Mr. Reed, gave us and the other couple matching bathing suits so all 3 kids could match. Preston and Reed are the boys and Miss Ainsley is the only girl. Ainsley had on a pink flowered bathing suit while the boys had on blue swim trunks with matching flowers. Needless to say, it was quite adorable and they looked very stylish!
We put them all in the pool which they loved and then we brought them inside for pictures.

First time in the pool and he LOVED it.

Yep, my boy is a little shortie! :-)

Happy at the moment...

Reed was exhausted and wanted nothing to do with pictures. I don’t think he wanted to be alone with how he felt so he beat up Ainsley a little bit until she started crying. Preston just laid there with a look of pure confusion.
“Who are these babies and WHAT are they crying about?”

Preston wishing he could run away.
There is nothing better than 2 babies crying, one Mom yelling at the other “And you want another one?” while I laugh hysterically in the other room at them all while changing my son’s diaper.
Oh yeah and the Dad’s were outside still in the pool without a care in the world.
Why is that Mom’s are assumed to take on “all” of the responsibilities of having a baby? Ay yi yi, sometimes I wish I were the Dad so I could get a little break.

No comments:

Post a Comment