Background

Friday, November 19, 2010

A little of this, a little of that

Wednesday I went to our first group class at my MidWife's office. Daddy A had to work so he wasn't able to go with me but he will be joining me for the rest. There were 6 other couples besides me. When I first got there, we took our own blood pressure, tested our urine for protein and sugar, weighed ourselves, and then went in individually to see the Nurse Practioner where she went over our results (mine were all great, yay) and then did the Fetal Doppler to hear the heartbeat of our little peanut. It took her a while to find it, just like last time, but when she did find it, the baby would move so she'd have to go searching and then the baby would move again. That little stinker!! I didn't get an exact heart rate because he or she was moving so much but she said it was in the 150's.

Our first visit & ultrasound, the heartrate was 155. Our 2nd appointment with just the Fetal Doppler, it was 172.

It's amazing how wonderful the sound of a heart beat can be. It's a sound I will never forget nor will it ever get old. I love it. It's evidence I have a peanut in there growing. I mean, yes, my belly is growing but since I can't feel our peanut and I haven't seen him or her since I was 8 weeks, the heart beat is what keeps me sane and happy! :-)

So, after the group, I had to call and make my next appointment for 4 weeks later to do the Anatomy Scan and find out the sex. This is what we've been waiting for....is it a boy or a girl? We are dyyyyying to know and also to know he or she is healthy and developing normally. Our big day is December 14th at 3:50pm Arizona time. This day canNOT come soon enough. It's all I think about now. Can I buy blue, brown, and green clothing or will I be buying pinks and purples???

When I first found out I was pregnant, I instantly thought it was a boy because I wanted a girl so badly. However, I had a dream about 1-2 weeks ago, that was VERY vivid, and I gave birth to a healthy little girl with no Dr; my Mom delivered her and I was in no pain what-so-ever even with no pain medication. I like how my brain came up with that....I hope it turns out to be true although I HIGHLY doubt that. haha

Now I am to the point where I can really have either sex and I will be beyond thrilled....
A boy....they love their Mom's so much, they tend to be crazier than girls so if our 1st was a boy it'd be great to get the craziness over with, we'd have someone to carry on the Amador name, and we absolutely LOVE the boy name we have picked out so I'd love to use it.
A girl....well, their clothes are ADORABLE, I know what I'd do for her nursery, I want to have a great relationship with my daughter like I have with my Mom, and I'd LOVE to see Daddy A with a daughter....I know she would just melt his heart.

I really don't care anymore which sex it is....I JUST WANT TO KNOW. I want to know so we can start buying gender specific things and so we can start calling him or her by name and start bonding on a more personal level than just "oh hey, baby." HAHA

And we can't forget the fact that we are moving into a new home.....WOWZERS, it's tiring especially since I'm pregnant. I've been exhausted and started feeling like I was catching a cold....not a great combo. Momma A doesn't do well when she's exhausted. Yes, I know, I will be exhausted with Baby A comes into this world. I know. BUT...I won't be working or moving into a new home. Things will be settled at our new place and I'll have 12-13 weeks off of work to adjust to being a new Mom.

We are renting a moving truck tomorrow and loading it up with everything that's left and hoping to stay in the house tomorrow night. I am SO excited!! We also get all our new appliances tomorrow and our new kitchen table. This is even more exciting! hehe I will have pictures to post, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment