Background

Monday, January 10, 2011

23 weeks

How have I been feeling?... Pretty good except my right rib is KILLING me whenever I sit. Oh yes, this is fun especially because I sit for 8 hours a day at work. Also, my back hurts more along with my right hip. Oh, how fun. I do love experiencing this though and knowing I'm growing a little boy in there.

What am I looking forward to?... Tomorrow we get to see Preston again! YAY! I'm praying his heart looks perfect.

Any weight gain?... Yes, I weighed myself this morning and gained 5 more pounds but I don't know since when! haha So, total, I've gained 14 pounds which I think is "normal."

How big is baby?... Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

How is my body changing??... You may notice that your ankles and feet start to swell a bit in the coming weeks or months, especially at the end of the day or during the heat of summer. Sluggish circulation in your legs — coupled with changes in your blood chemistry that may cause some water retention — may result in swelling, also known as edema. Your body will get rid of the extra fluid after you have your baby, which is why you'll pee frequently and sweat a lot for a few days after delivery.

Umm, yes, I'm finding my ankles aren't as "skinny" as they were. They aren't huge by any means and I don't think anyone else would notice but I do and I don't like it. Give me a huge belly and boobs, I just don't want to gain puffiness!

Sleep?... Last night was a BAD sleep night for me. My back was hurting and 2 hours after I fell asleep my right hip was in HORRIBLE pain. Once I flipped to my left side, I was fine. Thank God our bodies know how to tell us when we shouldn't be doing something or to switch up our positions. I still find myself on my back sometimes which isn't too uncomfortable yet but I can't stay in that position for long.

Health?... Still great, no issues to report. YAY!

Cravings?... Ice cream on Saturday night so after dinner, we went and got some Thrifty ice cream and it was AMAZING!!!

Food Aversions?... None which makes me a VERY happy girl!

New Senstation?... My nipples are tingling again. They must be getting themselves ready!

Next appointment?... TOMORROW!!!!! I will post pictures, don't worry!

We painted Preston's room yesterday and I ordered his crib today! It's becoming more and more real the closer it gets and the more we get to prepare for his arrival. It's still such a surreal feeling knowing we are bringing a human into this world. It's scary, exciting, nerveracking, thrilling, etc but we cannot WAIT!

Once we get the crib, I may order the bedding set so we can get it looking like a real room. That will be SO fun! And then we'll just be waiting for his arrival. Of course, with some other things in between! haha

I have to call the 2 hospitals we get to chose from and schedule our tours. I've heard GREAT things about the one near our house so I'm thinking that will be the one we'll go with but I'd still like to visit/see both of them to get my own opinion.

We still have a few things to do to the house before PGA arrives because I know once he does, we won't be doing house work/repairs for a while!

My ticket to Cali is bought for my joint shower with my Sister-in-law. YAY! Tickets to her wedding are bought also. Now, I just need to buy tickets to NY for March. THIS, I am SO excited for. I haven't been back in over a year now but it seems like longer than that. I can't wait to see my friends and family especially all in one place to celebrate my little miracle growing inside me! hehe

Ok, here are the pictures, I'll stop blabbering.


Look at how I looked at 5 weeks. Yes, I have to admit, I miss being this small and I look forward to getting there again....I was also very tan. WOW, I look pasty white in my new picture! HAHA




1 comment:

  1. You look so great! I can't wait to see how his room comes together. I bet it will look SO cute. You might need to send me a link to the crib you bought. I love looking at that stuff, haha.

    ReplyDelete