Background

Friday, January 14, 2011

Cry over spilled milk? What about a Kit Kat?

Tuesday morning I wake up with a swollen left hand and left ankle. I think to myself “nooooooo, this can’t be happening already, can it?” Luckily, we had an appointment that night to see Preston’s heart so I didn’t have to call my Midwife and ask if it was normal. I made sure to prop my feet up during the day at work and get up more often than not to make sure the blood was flowing good.
So, after work we head over for our appointment to make sure Preston’s heart looks good and they can see all 4 chambers of the heart. Last ultrasound, they weren’t able to get a good view of the whole heart. Luckily, he was cooperating this time and we got a GREAT view of it along with all of his other parts! It’s just SO amazing to watch that little guy moving around inside of me like he was. He was opening and closing his hands and wiggling his toes. Watching his toes wiggle was the best moment so far, I think, when it comes to the ultrasounds we’ve had. You could see each little toe perfectly.
As the tech was finishing up all the measurements she had to do, she switched it over to 3D/4D for a few minutes so we could see him better. WOW! It was amazing to get a glimpse of what our son might possibly look like. It blew us away! We got lots of pictures and she even gave us a CD of all of them! THAT was awesome especially so I could upload them to the computer and share them with family!
We then saw our Midwife after the ultrasound and she assured us the rib pain and swelling are normal. It was good to hear it’s normal but then again, I was hoping for a resolution on how to make them go away so I could get through my days without agonizing pain. Oh well.
Here he is....
His boy parts! There's no mistaking this child is a boy!

3D/4D picture of our boy! I think he's got his Daddy's nose!

Wednesday night we had our group class. These classes are supposed to take over for our regular visits so the regular visits are less. Especially with having a Midwife, she could possibly be at a birth while my appointment is supposed to be happening and then I would have to reschedule or wait for another Doctor to see me.
Anyways, the group is led by a Nurse Practitioner who I believe I know more than she does. We feel like it’s a total waste of time and even another couple said the same thing to us as we were leaving Wed. night. We’re starting to like some of the couples so we’ll stick it out plus we all get to bring our babies the last day of class in June so that’ll be fun! Surprisingly, out of the 6 couples, us and one other couple are having boys, the rest are girls.
Last night, I was lying on the couch with my feet propped up watching some TV. Daddy A was outside trying to figure out our irrigation system and Preston was kicking a ton so I lifted my shirt and I could see him kicking or punching me. My stomach would move a bunch. Daddy A came in and got to see it once but wasn’t able to feel him as he stopped moving, of course. He seems to be a bit stubborn. I wonder where he got that from?! Hehe
We didn’t feel like making anything for dinner so we ordered pizza, which we haven’t done in a while. I ate 2 pieces and then stopped hoping it would settle and I would get full. About 30 minutes after, I realized I wanted 1 more piece so I asked Daddy A to get me one. He looked at me like he was in shock. I asked if he ate my pizza and he said “I ate one piece but I left you two for work tomorrow.” Ok, I was a little upset as I was still hungry but let it go. Then a little while later Daddy A was getting me some water so I asked if he would get me my Kit Kat from the fridge as well if he hadn’t eaten it. I said that jokingly as he’s done it before but I told him not to eat my stuff anymore. He laughed and said he did so I asked if he was joking and he said no. Instantly I began to cry. I couldn’t help it. The tears just started flowing and I couldn’t stop them. He thought I was laughing until I started talking and then he realized I was crying.  He apologized but it didn’t matter to me. I said “I know it’s dumb of me to cry but you eat my stuff ALL the time.”
It had to be the hormones, I wouldn’t normally cry over a Kit Kat, I swear!

1 comment: