Background

Monday, January 3, 2011

22 weeks

How have I been feeling?... Pretty good. My back is getting worse or should I say our bed is making my back worse. Our bed sucks and it really makes me mad. I bought it less than 5 years ago for $1200 and it was only good for about 6 months. So sad............
Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good, no nausea or headaches. YAY!

What am I looking forward to?... Umm, this week, not much. Next Tuesday is our next ultrasound to look at the 4 chambers of Preston's little heart. I can't wait to see him again and to see how much he's changed in 4 weeks. Also, gotta see the penis again to make sure he's still a boy! :-)

Any weight gain?... Oh, I'm sure but I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I think I'm starting to see it in my face and I don't like that! :-(

How big is baby?... At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash or a papaya) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Also, watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

Sleep?... The last 2 nights I haven't been able to fall asleep fast and that is NEVER an issue for me. Still tossing and turning and I'm guessing that's not going to stop for the next 18 weeks.

Health?... Still great, no issues to report. YAY!

Cravings?... Chocolate maybe but I'm trying REALLY hard not to each much because of the caffeine.

Food Aversions?... None which makes me a VERY happy girl!

New Senstation?... My right rib has been hurting toward the top of it. I'm assuming it's from the expansion it is doing since PGA isn't up that high yet. It's not very fun, I will tell you that. I also think I had some Braxton Hicks today.....I was having period like cramping earlier in the day which have now gone away, thank God, I was starting to get worried. I made sure to drink a lot of water as being dehydrated can cause your uterus to contract and we do NOT want that yet. PGA needs to bake some more. hehe

Next appointment?... Next Tuesday, 1/11/11, for another ultrasound. YAY!

Daddy A and I went to Babies R Us yesterday and registered for our little guy. On our way there, Daddy A says "I think it's going to be a lot easier to register for a baby than a wedding." HA, little did he know how overwhelming it really could be. Luckily for him, I did a lot of research on the big ticket items before we got there so we were able to skip right over those. After about 2 hours, he was begging to leave. lol He did a great job and I'm proud/excited for what we have picked out for our little man. We're also registered at Amazon which doesn't have a ton of stuff on it but mostly bedding stuff and kellyscloset.com for cloth diapers which reminds me that I need to finish that.

I think we're going to buy our crib and changing table/dresser so we can get his room looking a little more like a nursery and leave other big ticket items for the Grandparents -to-be if they'd like to purchase those. I just can't WAIT for someone else to buy them for us! hehe

I'm starting to stress about daycare. I wish we had family here who could watch him rather than finding a complete stranger but what can we do? Nothing but look at the positives of it all. I'm doing a lot of research and even possibly looking at changing around our schedules for the first 2 years of his life so that we won't have to pay a sitter. That would mean not seeing eachother much but I guess that's what you do for the sacrifice of your children, right? I wish I could stay home even part time but I don't think my work would be ok with that and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable taking the paycut especially with a brand new house. Good news is that we have some time still to think about it and ask around.

Ok, enough, I know what you're all really here for and that's the picture. So, here ya go! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment