Background

Monday, January 31, 2011

26 weeks and less than 100 days to go

Wow, less than 100 days until my due date!?!? WHAT? Where or where has the time gone? Seriously, I can't believe that in 2 weeks, I will be in my 3rd trimester and in the home stretch where every one says the time starts to slow down because we're so excited to meet our little one and to feel good again. I don't want it to all be over but I DO want to meet Preston and see what he looks like. I can't wait to smell him, kiss him, love on him, cuddle him, console him, etc. It's going to be amazing. I can't wait to see Daddy A interact with OUR little boy. He's going to be great and that just melts my heart. hehe

How have I been feeling?... Well, I guess it's the same ol' same ol' complaints.....my back hurts, my right rib hurts, my ankles swell at random times, I can't wear my engagement or wedding rings :-( , etc. I know that this is only temporary and I will have the greatests gift when it's over and I'm sure when it is over, I'll say I miss it. However, I cannot wait to meet this little guy and call me vein but I can't wait to get my body back to the way it was before.....

What am I looking forward to?... Tomorrow! Our Hypnobirthing class starts and I couldn't be more excited. Now, Daddy A on the other hand isn't quite as excited as I am! But, do you blame him? It's a 3 hour class about 50 minutes away. Oh fun! But I'm really excited to finally learn some techniques that are going to help me through this process we call Labor. I'm guessing they call in Labor because it's not easy, it's HARD labor!

Any weight gain?... Yes but I refuse to step on the scale so I don't know the exact amount....I'm scared to know. lol I really do eat pretty healthy but I can't do it ALL the time, it's hard!

How big is baby?.... The size of an eggplant or an English hothouse cucumber...take your pick! The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb (which will be great since mine is great). Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. Awwwwwwwwwwww!! He will have beautiful eyes, I know it!

How is my body changing??... Around this time, your blood pressure may be increasing slightly, although it's probably still lower than it was before you got pregnant. (Typically, blood pressure falls toward the end of the first trimester, and it tends to reach a low at about 22 to 24 weeks.) HEY, that could be why my ankles are deciding to swell on me sometimes.

Sleep?... It's been great, I've been sleeping like a rock but still feeling exhausted when I wake up. Odd, right? I'm wondering if it's because of all the dreaming that I'm doing. I dream SO much every night.

Health?... Still great. I've been very lucky.

Cravings?... Waffles.....oh my gosh and let me tell you, they are delicious. I only have them on the weekend mornings and it's only been maybe like 2 weekends now.

Food Aversions?... None

New Senstation?... Peeing A LOT now. I didn't have this issue until right after 25 weeks and now at work, I feel like it's all I do. At night, I'm pretty much sleeping through the night still with a couple nights here and there that I have to get up and pee but nothing too crazy.

Next appointment?... February 7th for my wonderful glucose test and Rhogam shot. That's next week.............I'm really not excited for EITHER one.

I finished painting the letters for his room and I love how they turned out. Now, I'm on the hunt for green & brown ribbon. You would think that'd be easy, right? Guess again! It's not. Michael's nor Hobby Lobby had anything to go. They are mostly green but the letters are green so I need ribbon that's mostly brown with some green in it. I'm still hunting and searching.

Less than 3 weeks until my co-shower with my Sister-in-law in California. I'm excited that I get to see her (it's been since September but feels longer) and it'll be fun and exciting to see everyone all together and lets be honest, to open BABY presents. YAY! So fun!

Today, I got 2 comments from my boss and a co-worker about how "big I've gotten in the last week". I know people don't say these things to be hurtful nor do I really take it TOO much to heart but how can I not take it a little bit to heart? I'm growing a human and I'm a female. Do you think we like to hear how big we are getting? If I wasn't pregnant and just gained weight, they wouldn't tell me how big I was getting. I think people tend to think it's ok since I'm pregnant. Oh well, I love looking pregnant and knowing that I get the privelage of growing a beautiful human inside of me!

Well, here are some pictures........







2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for YOU to teach me about hypnobirthing! heehee...Oh and ps you look beautiful as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you like you hypnobirthing classes, You will have to let me know so when the tie comes CJ and I can take some classes ourselves =) You look beauitful Stacy, and those letters turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete