Background

Monday, January 17, 2011

24 weeks = 6 months and Viability Day

Wow, 6 months already?! The time is FLYING by and I can't believe it! Also, I have reached V-Day aka Viability Day, which means if PGA were to be born today, he has a good chance of survival with A LOT of medical intervention. This is a huge milestone. No, we do not want him born now, of course, but it's something to celebrate. The further along we get, the better his changes are for survival if he were to be born prematurely. Only 112 days left until my due date! WOW!

How have I been feeling?... Great except when at work. My rib hurts SO bad when I'm sitting all day at work that my stomach even sometimes goes numb. Crazy!

What am I looking forward to?... Meeting a few girl friends tomorrow night to celebrate another one of us getting pregant and then another big get together with my Nest girls on Sunday.

Any weight gain?... Oh, I'm sure but I didn't weigh myself this morning.

How big is baby?... PGA weighs a little over a pound and is about 8 1/2 inches long—the size of a banana. His skin becomes less translucent as pigment is deposited, and it looks wrinkly because his body is making his skin more quickly than it makes the fat to pad underneath it. His unique hand- and footprints are forming. You may feel jumps as he has bouts of hiccups. In fact, it may seem like the baby is in perpetual motion. Some babies now kick in response to sounds and touch from outside the womb. Encourage your partner to talk to the baby, and see if she kicks in response!

His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

How is my body changing??... Your uterus is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches above your belly button, and your bump is definitely apparent and hard to disguise! You may be suffering from heartburn, muscle aches, sore feet, fatigue, and dizziness. Call your care provider if you feel dizzy often or if you faint; it may be a sign of anemia. Dizziness if often caused by low blood sugar or by standing up too fast. Rise slowly, and eat regularly.

Sleep?... Pretty good now that I know NOT to sleep on my right side, it causes numbness in my legs and arms. I like my right side too but I'm learning to cope.

Health?... Still great, no issues to report. YAY!

Cravings?... Hmmm, nothing this week, I don't think.

Food Aversions?... None which makes me a VERY happy girl!

New Senstation?... Feeling Preston kick A LOT now. It's amazing and I love it! It's like his little reminder to me that he's doing okay in there. It brings a smile to my face every time!

Next appointment?... February 7th for my glucose test and Rhogam shot. I'm definitely not looking forward to either of those! I will fill you in on the Rhogam shot, maybe tomorrow.

I bought my ticket to NY for my family/friends shower! I cannot WAIT to go back home. I will be going alone which won't really be fun while flying but I'm actually some what excited to have the alone time with my Mom. It's been a while. It'll probably be cold and I'm not used to that. When it's 60 here, I think it's cold and it's been in the negatives back in NY.

Today we picked up the crib and got his bedding in the mail. I love them BOTH. They really exceed my expectations and it only makes me want to finish his nursery! It's so FUN! Buuuuut, I am trying to refrain from buying any thing more until after at least my Cali and NY showers. We'll see how well I do with that!

Here are some pictures of the crib, bedding and of course my belly!

The sticker will be coming off. I just didn't feel like doing it at the time. Crib came from JCPenney and we LOVE it!

This is a comforter that probably won't be used as one. Maybe it'll be a blanket we put on the floor before laying him down.

I really can't believe I am 6 months as of today! I feel like I look large but I don't feel this large YET!

1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful Stacy! As you already know I love the crib and bedding you picked out for PGA! =)

    ReplyDelete