Background

Monday, December 13, 2010

19 weeks

How have I been feeling?... Really good. Still pretty tired a lot but I guess that comes with the territory. I mean, growing a human isn't easy. Neither is owning a new home.

What am I looking forward to.... Tomorrow...the day we hopefully find out the sex of this little one. We are SO excited and can't believe it's finally here. Seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant, telling my friends it would be FOREVER before we knew the sex of Baby A. Well, the time has come....I sure hope work goes by fast tomorrow.
 
Any weight gain yet? I still haven't weighed myself. I'm not doing it on purpose, I like to do it in the AM before I eat or anything and I've just forgotten. They will do it tomorrow at my appointment and I'm a little nervous about it.
How big is baby?... The size of a mango. 6 inches and 8.5 oz's. Wow! Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature. (Lets hope that doesn't happen)

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting.

Sleep?... Slowly getting hard to sleep good. I'm not supposed to sleep on my back or right side because my placenta can cut off the blood flow to me or something. haha I LOVE sleeping on my back and right side so this is becoming more difficult. Also, it starts to hurt if I lie on my back for too long.
Emotions... Ummm. I'm still getting irritated easily. lol
Health... Great even with all these sick people surrounding me at work. Thank you healthy immune system!

Cravings...This week....I can't think of anything. I really haven't had the crazy cravings most pregnant women talk about.

Food Aversions... Still nothing.

New sensation.... I didn't know holding your pee in while sneezing could be so difficult. Oh yeah, it is when pregnant. Sometimes I have to hold myself like a 5 year old. Geez louise! Also, I found a new freckle on my aereola...what the heck is that all about??? And my boobs are not the size of Asia...no joke. They are massive and it's time for me to get maternity/nursing bra's but I just haven't taken the plunge yet.

Next appointment... TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Wednesday we have our group meeting again for the 2nd time. I'm excited to share the sex of our baby with the group! 

We are slowly finishing our Christmas shopping and getting ready for our drive to Northern California. I HATE the drive but it's better for us since we have our pup and it's much cheaper than flying. I cannot WAIT to have 6.5 days off of work. Sounds sooooo lovely.

I also can't wait to know the sex so we can start buying things and get the nursery started. YAY! Let the good times roll.

And here are my 19 week pictures. Please don't mind my tiredness, I had just taken a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment