Background

Monday, December 6, 2010

18 weeks

How have I been feeling?... Good but still exhausted....I know, story of my life lately. OY...and once Baby A comes, I will just continue the exhaustion, I know that.
What am I looking forward to.... Find out the sex in 1 week and 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like it's SO far away still but yet so close I can taste it. I swear the torture seems worse the closer I get. I have had 2 dreams so far that Baby A was a girl until last night.....Baby A was a boy last night. It's driving me nuts...for a while I thought it was a boy because I wanted a girl so badly but now I don't know. I don't care either way, honestly, both are great but holy camolie, I just WANT.TO. KNOW!!! Baby A better cooperate on the big find-out-the-sex day.
 
Any weight gain yet? Again, haven't weighed myself but I am SURE there has been weight gain. I mean, look at my belly.
How big is baby?... 5-5.5 inches long. AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Still so tiny yet getting bigger. Good job Baby A! Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
Sleep?... Great, thank God. I've never had sleep issues and I'm SO thankful I still don't. I'm hoping that will continue through the rest of the pregnancy.
Emotions... Irritated....still
Health... Nothing new to report...things are great.

Cravings...WATER!!! I have been SO thirsty lately that it almost makes me want to cry. I drink water all day, that's all I drink so WHY oh WHY am I so thirsty??
Food Aversions... Nothing....YAY!

New sensation.... Nothing that I can think of. My boobs are OUT OF CONTROL and I think in 1 week, they will no longer fit in my current bra's so off to Motherhood Maternity I go. Luckily, they aren't expensive like I thought and they will last through once I have the baby and I'm nursing (hopefully). That's what the girl at the store said, at least.
Next appointment... December 14th TO FIND OUT THE SEX. Yes, we are VERY excited for this! We can't wait to know if we have a he or a she growing inside of me. Also, we haven't seen Baby A since I was 8 weeks along, that was 10 weeks ago. So, this time, he or she will actually LOOM like a baby. I will cry, I know it as I'm sure Daddy A will too. We feel so incredibly blessed to have a part of each of us growing into 1 precious little person! :-)
2 weeks until I am half way through this pregnancy. That BLOWS my mind. I feel like we just found out and that was over 3 months ago. Wow, this really is flying by. I've been feeling great and actually going out and doing things that I wasn't doing during the 1st trimester. I'm so happy to be myself again.

We got our Christmas tree Friday night and I'm sooooo happy to have it. I bought a stocking holder for Baby A but no stocking because THAT will depend on if Baby A is a boy or a girl! Christmas' are going to be SO much more fun now with a baby around. You have no idea the things I have in my mind that I want to do with him or her. Polar Express up North is one of the top things I can't wait to take our little one to.
Here are my pictures.........
The first 2 are from Saturday when I felt HUGE in this outfit but I loved it. The 2 in blue were taken tonight! ENJOY!




1 comment:

  1. Wooo I was able to see your post in reader for once! Of course, I had to come to the actual blog to comment and tell you this great news. LOL! That belly is lookin pretty cute dear! Keep growin baby A, and for the love of God cooperate at your ultrasound (unlike your unborn best friend)!

    ReplyDelete