Background

Monday, December 20, 2010

Finding the safest for baby

Wow, you would think registering for baby stuff would be easy. Well, let me tell you that it is not. 
Every parent wants the best for their child, right? I like to think EVERY parent does. Well, these (us) parents do!!!! We want the safest stuff for our little boy and future children. I’d also like to get gender neutral things so we can use them for future baby (s) and safe some money that way. There’s no need for a boy stroller and a girl stroller (if we have a girl) since when we have 2, we’ll probably want a double stroller anyways.
So, here I am researching and researching strollers. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I wanted to get the Expedition jogger stroller because it was adorable and looked easy to maneuver. I’ve read mixed reviews on it and decided to go with the Chico Cortina Travel System. It has THE safest reviews for the car seat, which is very very important since that’s when we’re all most vulnerable, I think. You can’t trust others around you so I want to do all that I can to help prevent any tragedies. 
Check, got the car seat and stroller set. Already picked out the crib and changing table/dresser that will be used as both. One he is not using the changing pad anymore, it will become a dresser. No need for an actual changing table, in my mind. I’ve heard it’s pointless and most of the time you end up changing him or her on the floor or bed or where ever you may be. 
Bottles are another story…………….
I don’t want plastic and I will be breastfeeding so I also need one that will not screw that up. I want to pump and store some milk so that Daddy A can feed our little boy too! This research has been going on and will continue to go on until I find the perfect ones. 
Mattresses are also another story………
I want an organic mattress to help reduce the changes of SIDS. I’ve read that the chemicals in regular mattresses can be a link to SIDS and I want to avoid SIDS with as many measures as I can. Also, there shouldn’t be coils in the mattresses either so this isn’t quite an easy choice that will require some time on my part.
OY.....it's all a little overwhelming, I'm not going to lie.

1 comment:

  1. Do you read the young house love blog? They talked about an organic matress for their little girl, I believe it was from Green Depot (also a website if you add a dot com) and wasn't too over the top expensive. We're also wanting an organic mattress, I can't belive how uncommon they are, even here in crunchy granola California!
    Good luck on your registering, I'll be haunting your posts to prepare for mine!

    ReplyDelete