Background

Monday, December 20, 2010

20 weeks = HALF WAY BABY!!!

Let me start off by saying WHOA...20 weeks already? That's half way, where has the time gone? I can't believe it and now I feel like I'm kicking my butt into gear with things I need to get done before the big arrival. Yes, I know 20 weeks is still far away but the first 20 flew by so I'm sure the next 20 will as wel.

How have I been feeling?... Great...no morning sickness. It's been gone since week 15. YAY!

What am I looking forward to.... having 6.5 days off from work starting Wednesday around 10:30am! I cannot WAIT!!!
 
Any weight gain yet? I FINALLY weighed myself this morning and I've only gained 7.5ish pounds. YAY! That's great news to me!
 
How big is baby?...
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Sleep?... Still good but could be better. I'm tossing and turning a lot. I know have a body pillow and a small pregnancy pillow that lies under my belly and between my legs. They are both great but not easy to move when I flip sides.
Health... Great even with all these sick people surrounding me at work. Thank you healthy immune system!

Cravings... Surprisingly, I really haven't had many cravings. This week, I can't think of anything.

Food Aversions... Still nothing. YAY!

New sensation....  My boobs are seriously OUT.OF.CONTROOOOOOOOOOL!!! I caved today and bought to bras. Now, I started at a 34C and I am now a 38D! WHAT?!?! I am terrified what these puppies are going to look like once my milk comes in. OY!

Next appointment... January 11th to do another ultrasound. They couldn't get a great view of the 4 heart chambers so we get to see our little boy again... YAAAY! We're excited!

Here is my 20 week picture. I cannot believe the difference. I look HUGE in this picture but in regular clothes (not tight clothes), I really don't look this big, I swear!!  If I am this big now, I'm scared what I'm going to look like in 15 weeks. LOL



4 comments:

  1. I think you look adorable Stacy and also... Welcome to the 38D club! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowser, you look big in that picture with the shirt down. Hey, have I told you lately that I want to touch your tummy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Jenn!!!

    Yes Mom, you have! You will get to rub it soon, don't worry! :-) And even feel him kick! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy GOD to you only gaining 7.5 pounds!!!!!! This is me being EXTREMELY jealous.

    ReplyDelete