Background

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

21 weeks

How have I been feeling?... Good but slowly declining. My right hip is bothering more than it was and my back is just not right. Good thing I go to the Chiropractor, it's a life saver and boy do I wish Daddy A was one himself.
What am I looking forward to.... New Years....THE YEAR our baby will be born! That is CRAZY to me, getting the nursery started, finishing some things around the house, registering, my baby showers, etc.
 
Any weight gain yet? Yes, I gained another pound EVEN with all I ate over Xmas, only 1 pound. YAY me! So, I guess that makes me up 8.5 pounds. I think that's under what I should be but I SWEAR, I am eating enough. I just eat pretty healthy.
 
How big is baby?... Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot or the size of a banana depending on what website you look at. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Sleep?... Not great but ok. I have another pregnancy pillow that I'm borrowing from someone and it's been great so far. I feel little PGA kick the most around bed time and I love it. I just hope he doesn't get into the habit of staying up while I'd like to sleep and kicking away and me OR I hope that it's not a sign that he's not going to sleep after he's born.
Health... Still good thanks to my Vitamin D's, Omega 3's and Calcium pills. Oh and my Prenatals, I'm sure they help as well.

Cravings... This week, APPLES. As we were driving to Cali last week, in the rain, around 7 or 8 pm I said to Daddy A, "I want a nice, juicy, crisp apple." You know what he said to me? "We have some chips in the back seat." I didn't WANT chips, I wanted an apple, damn it! lol Well, needless to say, I didn't get an apple until the next day and it was aaaamazing and I ate some everyday since then. I can't get enough of those or clemintines. YUMMMMM!!

Food Aversions... Still nothing. YAY!

New sensation....  I've had some tingling in my nipples and I'm starting to see some white stuff on only my right nipple. Weird? I'd say so. I'm guessing I will have tons of supply from that boob. lol

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I'm feeling little Preston kicking ALL the time now. I felt him kicking around week 18, I think, it was Dec. 8th. It felt like 4 little taps to the left of my belly button and then the next day I felt 2 more. I wasn't feeling them all the time but NOW I AM!!! It's amazing. He's more active at night right before bed. I love it.

Next appointment... January 11th to do another ultrasound. Yep, we're excited!
I am finally feeling and looking pregnant. I feel little PGA kick atleast once a day and I love it. I can't wait for when Daddy A can feel the little guy. We've picked out bedding, the crib and dresser/changer. We haven't bought any of them yet as I don't want to jump the gun YET. I'm not sure how long I can wait as we need a place to store all the precious clothes people have been giving us.
I signed us up for Hypnobirthing, which starts February 1st for 3 hours each session, which we have 4 of. I'm VERY excited about this and once we start going, don't you worry, I will update and fill you in on what it's all about!
Here is my 21 week 1 day picture because my camera didn't have the memory card in it on Monday when we took the picture. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment