Background

Monday, June 27, 2011

I swear to never judge again

Yep, I will be honest, I judged before I had a child. Should I have? No, probably not, since I had no idea what it was like to raise a child and to care of an infant.

Well, I am making a pledge, to never judge again.

I would judge those who never breastfed, only used formula, threw their child infront of a TV, vaccinated, gave their child soda and hot dogs, and women with children and without wedding rings on (as I haven't been able to wear mine still), etc.

Ok, a few of those things I still don't agree with but I don't judge. I understand every parent is different and so is every child therefore judging just isn't right to do.

Before I even got pregnant I said I would never feed my child formula for the meer fact that breastmilk is 100 times better for them. Then I did research on it and swore even harder that I would do whatever I had to, to not give my child any. Well....little did I know I wouldn't be quite the milk machine that my child needs me to be and therefore we have to give him some formula.

When he was a week old, he had to be admitted to the hospital for Jaundice (a post I still need to write) and this is where the introduction of formula started. It helps them rid of the Bilirubin a lot faster so we gave him only a few oz's.

Then we went to the Pediatrician at 9 days old and he wasn't back up to his birth weight so we were told to supplement with some formula to help get him back up. This devistated me. I called formula the devil's food, I won't lie.

I still h.a.t.e. giving it to him but I know that it's for the better. He just isn't satisfied with just nursing on me. Now that I have a good pump (Thanks to Modern Mommy Boutique) I can get quite a bit of breastmilk stored in the fridge for when he's not full from nursing. We are pretty much down to only formula at night and that's not even every feeding.

Things are getting better with nursing and it's making me one happy Mommy. I hope to get him off the formula completely, one of these days as it's still not good for him. (Yes, better than starving though.)

So, although I swear to never judge on this topic, I feel like I am being judged when I buy a can of it or people see me feeding it to Preston. I may never get past this fear of being judged but at least I learned a lesson not to judge.

I mean, look at this sweet baby boy's face. Does he look like he's fed well?! Falling asleep after having Mommy's milk!



1 comment:

  1. Stacy! First of all, I had no idea you had this blog! I've still been following your old one and I had wondered why you never updated! I'm so glad I clicked on your name and saw your new blog so I can read up on what you've been up to with your little man.

    Second, congratulations on your sweet baby. He is just adorable and you must be so proud of his chubbs! I read your post about struggling with breastfeeding and can totally relate. That was by far the roughest part of parenthood so far.

    Third, I have a really random thing to share with you. I went to the analytics section of a video I posted to youtube and it showed me that I had a bunch of hits from a site called bumpasaurus. So I went to the site to see where I had been linked and found this: http://bumpasaurus.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/julie/

    Umm?? Do you have any idea what's going on here? I found it odd that there were pictures of me on a site I didn't know. Then I found it odd that there were pictures of me mixed with someone I didn't know, all under my name. THEN I found it really odd that I happened to know the person they were mixing me up with! What is going on around here?! LOL.

    I wanted to email this all to you but I didn't know what your email was. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete