Background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

32 Weeks = 8 Months....WHOA!

I know, I am a couple days late and I have traveling to blame for that! I flew home on Monday from my wonderful visit back East to visit my family and friends and to celebrate PGA! I will make a separate post about that later.

How have I been feeling?... Great. I honestly can't really complain. Yes, I have some "issues" but they are minor. For instance, my back constantly hurts but what else is new? And my feet swell up all the time. They look like feet of a 600 pound person. It's really sexy! ;-)

What am I looking forward to?... Hmmm, good question. I guess this week I am looking forward to the weekend. We are hoping to go to another Spring Traning game or two and do some stuff around the house. I really want to get Preston's room as done as I can. I've got most of his clothes in his new froggy hamper and ready to be washed. Now, I just need to get free & clear detergent and get to washing.

Any weight gain?... Well, since last week, maybe a pound or 2 since my little vacation. I ate a lot of bad things. The food on the East Coast is a lot better than the West so I took full advantage. MMMMM MMMMMMMM!

How big is baby?.... Your baby weighs about 4 pounds and is about fifteen to seventeen inches tall. Photographs of babies in utero at this stage show their skin becoming less translucent and pinker, as layers of fat are deposited under the skin. Her skeleton is rapidly ossifying (turning from cartilage into solid bone), which means that kicks will become visible through your shirt as the trimester progresses. Well-placed kicks under your ribs can take your breath away!....AND THEY SURE DO!!!

How is my body changing??... From now until delivery, you'll be gaining about a pound a week. About half of that gain is the baby's, the rest is fluid retention. Fight bloat by avoiding high-sodium foods and carbonated beverages. Call your care provider if you suddenly feel puffy in your face or hands; this is a symptom of preeclampsia. If you're still working, you're probably already counting the minutes until your maternity leave starts. (YES I AM) During the next six weeks, you may be trying to decide if you'll be one of the sixty percent of moms who will return to the workforce in the year after having a baby, or if you'll be among the forty percent who stay home. (I wish I could stay home.............:-( )
Sleep?... Still pretty good. I get up at least once a night to pee which I'm not too fond of but I deal and quickly go back to sleep. I toss and turn from left to back all night too.

Health?... Great...no complaints.

Cravings?... Well, I wanted Pudgies Pizza, Spiedies and a Friendly's chocolate milkshake. These are all East Coast things and the Spiedies are just a Binghamton thing. I had them all and LOVED them! I really want another milkshake or two. :-(

Food Aversions?... None

New Senstation?... Tons and tons of movement. He's constantly moving and rolling. Daddy A felt him last night and was blown away. Sometimes it makes me stop whatever I am doing and look down at my belly. It's so amazing to watch my belly move knowing there's a little human in there making it do that.

Next appointment?... March 22nd...I'm not really sure what will happen at that appointment either. LOL

Here are my pictures....



No comments:

Post a Comment