Background

Monday, March 28, 2011

34 Weeks

How have I been feeling?... Actually really good. I think I feel the best I've felt in a long time other than being tired but I can handle that. I think my nesting has kicked in. I wanted to get the whole house in order this weekend (we didn't but I sure tried). My back still hurt and sometimes I get a pain in my right hip. If I crack it the I'm fine. Feet are starting to swell again since I wasn't relaxin much this past weekend.

What am I looking forward to?... The weekend! We're going our Maternity pictures on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited about them!

Any weight gain?... I didn't weigh myself this morning or in the past week since my appointment so I'm not sure. Preston is gaining a half a pound a week so I would think I'd be gaining some but not alot.

How big is baby?.... Your baby weighs five pounds or more, about the size of a bag of sugar. He will continue to gain about two or more pounds in the next six weeks. Now that your baby's brain has formed billions of neurons, it must accomplish the even more complex feat of hooking the neurons and synapses together. Your baby's brain is forming trillions of connections, making it possible for him to learn in the womb. All of this brain development may be the reason that your baby sleeps frequently at this stage. He may even be dreaming—his eyes dart around rapidly just as an adult's might in REM sleep. Your child's development is in no way complete at birth. In the first year after birth, a baby's brain triples in size and becomes three-quarters of its adult size.

How is my body changing??... The volume of your uterus is five hundred to one thousand times larger than before you got pregnant, so it's safe to say you're feeling huge and slow. You're still running to the bathroom frequently and probably will from here on out. Try to drink a lot of water early in the day, so you don't get thirsty at night and make things worse. If you haven't purchased your baby's car seat and installed it facing rear-ward in the backseat of your car yet, do it now. You'll also want to start thinking about what you want to pack in your hospital bag.

Sleep?... Still getting up to pee A LOT but when I'm asleep, I sleep great. I've been having some crazy dreams though.

Health?... Still have a lingering cough from my cold but other than that, great.

Cravings?... Still fruit. I just can't get enough of it!

Food Aversions?... None

New Senstation?... Feeling body parts from outside my belly. I think I can feel his feet alot since I know they are right up by my right rib. I also think I can feel his little bum which I cannot WAIT to see in person!

Next appointment?... April 13th when I have my Strep B test....that should be fun! HA!

Here are my pictures....

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you started a new blog, Stacy! OMG... I have a lot of catching up to do! LOL

    ReplyDelete