Background

Friday, March 25, 2011

PACK MY HOSPITAL BAG?!?!?!

I normally get emails every day from different pregnancy websites; Fit Pregnancy, The Bump, Baby Center, etc. Each day it's different, whether they are giving me a new tip, telling me about baby items I should check out or simply telling me I'm a week further and what to expect from my body and my baby that week.

Yesterday, I got one that just about took my breath away. No, really, I'm not joking.

It read............"Packing for the Hospital". It was actually directed towards Dad and said this, "It's time: Pack the overnight bag for the hospital together. Talk about what personal items she wants included, and double-check that everything is in the suitcase."

No! It's not time to get my hospital bag ready, it's just not. I'm only 33.5 weeks, I still have time, right? RIGHT?!?!? Please tell me I do. I am not ready! Well, I am ready to meet my sweet baby boy but I am not done getting things ready for him to come. We have a big to-do list still for things around the house that I would just cry if we didn't at least get it half way done before he came.

Anyways, I wrote a list of things I need to put in my bag which now sounds like I'll need a damn suitcase.
Here are just a few things I have on the list :
  • nursing tanks
  • slippers or slipper socks with the little bubble things on the bottom so you don't fall when you walk
  • comfy pants
  • make up, hygiene products
  • my own pillows
  • camera (and charger), laptop, video camera
  • snacks for both me and Daddy
  • cell phone and charger
  • going home outfit for Preston including a hat, jacket, socks, and a blanket and my outfit to go home in
  • some onesies for Preston
  • pads (oh what fun)
I just can't believe it's time to pack the hospital bag. I think I've been in a bit of denial that it was quickly approaching......................

2 comments:

  1. I remember packing my bag in a panic at 36 weeks after Kristie told me she'd had Brady at 35 weeks, haha!

    If it helps, you probably don't need to pack any pads. The hospital will have a ton there for you. Really BIG ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Meg's pad advice, the hospital will have more than enough for you and they even send you home with a great big bag of them.

    And I vote you pack some flip flops instead of slippers. They're just way easier. Remember, at LEAST four pillows!!!

    ReplyDelete