Background

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Are My I Love You

I’ve read over and over again that my little boy, in my belly, can hear us talk to him. Websites have advised to start reading to him. You can never start reading to them too early.
Since we have gotten the nursery pretty close to being finished, I’ve walked in there just to look around or sat in the glider and dreamt about what it would be like sitting there with my little boy in my arms. It’s such a surreal feeling but I love dreaming about him and what we’ll do together, the bond we’ll form with each other, the love that will grow even deeper in my heart for this little boy that his Daddy and I have created. We already love PGA sooooooo much, I can only imagine my heart aching because of the love we’ll have for him once he’s actually here. We talk about him and to him all the time. We tell our pup, Dexter, that he’s going to be a big brother and that he’ll have a play buddy soon.
Ok, enough of me blabbering, that wasn’t the point of this post.
The POINT of this post is to talk about reading to our boy! We’ve already got about a dozen books from Preston’s Grandma and we only plan to get more. I don’t love to read but I want my children to love it. I want to have story time every night before bed and I want them to look forward to reading instead of looking at it more like a chore.
So, I sat in the glider in his room with Dexter on my lap and read You Are My I Love You by Mariann Cusimano Love. Not only do I want my child/ren to love reading but I want them to know HOW much we really love them. This is just the beginning of our little dates for reading.

Every parent says that a child doesn’t know how much their parents truly love them until they have their own child. I believe this to be true even though Preston isn’t here yet. I love him more than anything, already. He’s my little boy, my miracle, my hope, my shining star, my future….I could go on and on. I want him to feel loved and cared for. I want him to have a good relationship with me and his Daddy. I want him to feel comfortable coming to us when he has a problem with anything. I WANT THE WORLD for this little boy. I want it served to him on a silver platter. I want him to know he can do and be anything his little heart desires and that we will support him in his adventures through life.
I am going to have a little boy…………I still cannot believe it! I can’t wait for that mother/son bond everyone talks about!
Preston – Your Mommy and Daddy love you to moon and back. We can’t wait to show you the world and show the world how wonderful YOU are!

No comments:

Post a Comment