Background

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Need to Pee

I was told around maybe 24 weeks that little Preston was breech and I freaked.
To some, this may be no issue or concern but to someone who wants a med-free vaginal birth, this is a HUGE problem. There’s no way a Dr. will allow me to have a natural birth with a breech baby. What can I do?  I continued to ask myself.
One of the Nurse Practitioners told me about some exercises I could do to help turn him but the one that immediately came to mind was my Chiropractor. When I first told him that I was pregnant he said “Well, if your baby is breech, let me know because I have a simple method I can do to turn him or her.” I was ecstatic. I called him up and made an appointment immediately. He started the Webster Method, which is a very simple and painless method where you lie on your stomach (on a table with a hole in it, of course), he bends your legs at your knee to see which leg is harder to bed. You then turn over onto your back and he massages your opposite hip. Well, my right leg was harder to bend so he massaged my let hip and there was a big knot in it. He massaged it for a few seconds and that was that. He did this three separate times when I went in and told him I thought the baby had moved to be head down. Daddy A and I had gone on a walk one night and towards the end of the walk I started feeling A LOT of pressure in my lower belly and then I felt BIG movement inside my belly. This was Preston moving to head down! We weren’t 100% sure until I had gone for my last ultrasound on March 7th and the first thing the tech said was “He’s head down” and I just about jumped off the table in excitement.
I can now REALLY plan for my natural birth that I’ve been wanting for as long as I can remember.
THANK YOU my little boy Preston for cooperating so we can have the birth we both should have! Now, please stay that way!
Well, this has caused my need to pee to increase to extravagant measures. I have never been the type to get up in the middle of the night to have to pee….I do now. I have always drank water and tons of it and would maybe go to the bathroom two times a day while at work now it’s more like 10 times a day. Oh yes, it’s quite fun (insert sarcasm here).

No comments:

Post a Comment