Background

Monday, February 7, 2011

27 weeks - last week in my 2nd trimester

How have I been feeling?... Well, I guess it's the same ol' same ol' complaints.....my back hurts, my right rib hurts, my ankles swell at random times, I can't wear my engagement or wedding rings :-( , etc. Other than these minor complaints, I really don't have any others. I've been truly blessed!!

What am I looking forward to?... Getting our glider & ottoman (hopefully) sometime this week. I'm just dying to get it in his room so I can sit there, relax, and take it all in.

Any weight gain?... I think about 23 pounds so far which is normal they tell me so that makes me happy but I'm also worried I'm going to gain a bunch more in my 3rd tri!

How big is baby?.... This week, our baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

How is my body changing??... The weight of your baby is putting pressure on your back, which can cause shooting pains (sciatica) in your lower back and legs. Lifting, bending, and walking can make the pain worse. Warm baths, ice packs, and changing positions may help. The volume of your amniotic fluid is reduced by about half. With less cushioning blocking the view, you'll be able to see bony knees and elbows poking out of your stomach when the baby kicks and turns. As you grow, you may start to see stretch marks on your breasts and abdomen. You may also have a hard time bending over and tying your shoes. Your heart rate may have increased, causing you to feel flush and look winded with less exertion.

Sleep?... Still pretty good and I'm very happy about this. Yes, it's harder but it's not bad by any means.

Health?... Still great. I've been very lucky.

Cravings?... Hmmm, can't think of anything this week.

Food Aversions?... None

New Senstation?... He's becoming A LOT more active and his kicks and/or punches are sometimes startling. Daddy A felt him punch pretty hard yesterday after I had a sip of caffeine free soda. It was almost instantly, it was crazy.

Next appointment?... March 7th for our last ultrasound. It's the growth ultrasound which is ALL in 3D and I cannot WAIT for this appointment. We also get to meet the new Midwife who's from England. YAY for having 2 MW's available now.

We got some more things done in the nursery but I'm going to do a separate post for that.

Here are my pictures. I'm looking pointier and less like the letter D and more like the letter B (my belly that is) and I'm not sure why but I don't really like it. lol

OH, I also got a comment yesterday "wow, you got twins in there?"
SERIOUSLY!?!?! I am not big by any means....well, I don't think I am and then I hear that. Oh man, it kind of made my blood boil a little!


No comments:

Post a Comment