Background

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Nursery is starting to feel like a nursery....

We've had the crib for quite a while now but were on the hunt for a dresser/changing table. I REALLY wanted the one that matched the crib but JCPenney wanted to charge $184 for SHIPPING so I said forget that, we'll find something else.

I searched and searched and searched some more on line and couldn't find what I was looking for, for a decent price so we decided to check out Ikea. A few people had mentioned they got a dresser at Ikea for $149 and they loved it so we decided to check it out. Well, we got that dresser and a cube shelf.

I was SO excited to get home and put them together. Of course, Daddy A wasn't quite as excited as I was and wanted to wait a little bit. Well, I just couldn't wait so I dove right in to the cube shelf. How hard could this be for me? I love putting things together! Well, good thing Daddy A was home because he ended up putting it together. I didn't have the muscles to do it myself! We did that on Satuday and then Sunday morning we put the dresser together. Again, good thing Daddy A was willing to help because this thing required muscles too. Sheesh!

I love them both and I'm very excited that we're so close to having the nursery ALMOST done. It probably won't be completely done until closer to when he's born but we have the big stuff so that's all that matters, really!

The glider & ottoman should be coming this week (I hope) or early next week. Once that's up, I will probably just sit in there, rocking myself, and day dreaming about holding my precious baby boy!! It's really starting to feel more real every day!

Here are a few pictures!

                                              Valence with the cube shelf and lamp shade.

                                                     Daddy putting the dresser together!!

                                                                   Dresser/Changer

                                                  The nursery thus far from the doorway.

 Cube shelf with pregnancy statue (can't remember the name of it) and PGA's books from Grandma!

The dresser with part of the bedding. It's supposed to go on the changing table and can hold diapers, wipes, diaper cream, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hun, it is SOOO cute! Love the dresser. It's really coming together! :)

    ReplyDelete