Background

Sunday, February 13, 2011

When is your baby due?

Yesterday we had a looooong and eventful day......................of car shopping! YUCK, right?! Well, Daddy A had a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo that was on it's VERY last leg. It was louder than a freight train and would barely go when you stepped on the gas. We drove her (well, HE drove her) until he couldn't drive her any more.

We moved here in May 2009 and shortly after, I had gotten a ticket for "not stopping completely at a stop sign" when in reality, I think it was becasue I had NY plates on. The Rodeo wouldn't pass emissions and it just wasn't worth fixing so we drove it until the day the NY registration was up.....YESTERDAY! haha Talk about procrastination, I know!

So, we went to Carmax out in Tulleson/Avondale because we've heard great things about them. We found a black 2008 Saturn Aura XE with 37K miles on it. We test drove it and fell in love. We needed something bigger than the Corolla to accomodate Preston and future children. Well, we didn't want to buy the first car we drove so we decided to go over to the big dealerships across the street. Long story short, we had NO luck.

That means, we go back to Carmax and tell them we want the car. Easy as pie! HA, not really. The guy that was helping us was helping another couple buy a car so we went to lunch and when we got back he was STILL helping them. We waited for a little bit thinking he'd be done soon when we asked if someone else could start the process. We didn't have all day, geez. Plus, my feet were starting to look like feet on a 400 pound person, no joke.

A big guy, named Gavin, helped us and it took WAY longer than it should have and way longer than we WANTED it to. BUT, we got the car and it's a beauty!!! We really like her. After we've been driving her for a while we will give her a name.

Here's our new beauty.........


                                                                       We loooooove her! She's a smooth ride!
When we were at VW looking to see if they had anything in our price range, we went inside because it was a nice 76 degrees outside and I was dying of thirst. An older lady asked me "When is your baby due?" and then processed to tell me how many grandchildren she has and that she even has a great grandchild.

The sales lady at VW also asked if it was our first, what we were having, how far along I was......
This was the first time a stranger had asked me anything about my belly. It was kind of fun because there's no doubt that my belly is a baby belly so I think people feel comfortable asking about it now. I really thought it would have happend a while ago. HUH! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment