Background

Monday, February 28, 2011

30 Weeks - WOW

How have I been feeling?... Pretty good. My ankles have decided to not swell as much as they have been. YAY to that! My back still hurts along with my right rib but those are only minor things, right?! It could be WAY worse. I'm also getting over a slight cold....grrr. I was really hoping to go through the entire pregnancy without one since I never get sick!
I've been going to the Chiro also for the past 2 weeks to get Mr. Preston to rotate....we'll see where is he on the 7th.

What am I looking forward to?... Monday the 7th, our growth ultrasound and we get to meet the other Midwife, going back home to visit my family in 9 days (but who's counting), my shower back home with family and friends, being in the HOME stretch of this pregnancy. I honestly cannot believe I'm 30 weeks!

Any weight gain?... I didn't weigh myself this morning because I went to a baby shower yesterday and ate too much! haha So, I am sure I have but I won't report back until the 7th!

How big is baby?.... Our baby's length is about 16 inches—about as long as a laptop computer—and he measures almost 11 inches from crown to rump. He weighs approximately 2 1/2 to 3 pounds. From now until delivery, every baby will gain weight at a more individual rate. Our baby has doubled in height over the past six weeks, and from now until delivery, he'll gain only a few more inches in length. Don't worry if he's in a strange position (what your care provider might call a "transverse lie"). There's still plenty of time for him to get settled into the head-down (cephalic) position for birth. He's floating in about 1 1/2 pints of amniotic fluid and has some room to move. Our baby's most important organ, his brain, continues to develop at a rapid pace. His eyes are able to track light, and some researchers have theorized that exposing your belly to light may stimulate development. Try moving the beam of a flashlight slowly over your belly in a dim room, and see if he reacts.

How is my body changing??... I've now been officially pregnant for seven months, and the home stretch is in sight. You're big now, no doubt about it! Your belly is about the size of a watermelon. Tying your shoes is a challenge, and you may already have adopted the pregnant "waddle."

Sleep?... Pretty good....some nights I toss and turn a lot but for the most part it's still good. I've been getting up alot more to pee though.

Health?... Still great other than the minor cold I had.

Cravings?... Girl Scout cookies! MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Food Aversions?... None

New Senstation?... Tons and tons of movement....it's getting so crazy that I can see body parts move across my belly. I don't know which ones they are but it's very strange. lol

Next appointment?... March 7th and we can't WAIT! It'll be our last ultrasound and it's all in 3D so I can't wait to see what he looks like!!!

And my weekly pictures!



 With regular clothes on, I really don't look as big as the blue shirt makes me look. This view also makes me look pretty skinny! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment