Background

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

29 Weeks

I'm a day late with posting this and I blame it on the fact that I flew home yesterday and was exhausted. Oh, and the fact that I got caught up in The Bachelor and couldn't be pulled away. Hey, don't judge me! ;-)

How have I been feeling?... Pretty good. Exhausted....still?....again? I don't know which one it is. They (the experts) say exhaustion usually comes back in the 3rd trimester. My guess is due to all the weight we're carrying around. It's not easy, folks. Losing your breath just from getting into your car, putting your pants on, shaving your legs, etc. My feet have been swelling again/still. They were extremely bad on Friday when I flew into Cali. They seriously looked like feet of a 400 pound person. LOL

What am I looking forward to?... My friends baby shower this Sunday and my trip to NY in 2 weeks from tomorrow! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Any weight gain?... Not sure....I ate a decent amount this past weekend so I'm sure I did but I refused to weigh myself this morning. haha

How big is baby?.... Your baby is about two and a half pounds and would be between fifteen and seventeen inches tall if she could stand. Your baby's adrenal glands are producing a chemical which will be made into estriol (a form of estrogen) by the placenta. This estriol is thought to stimulate the production of prolactin by your body, and the prolactin makes you produce milk. So even if your baby comes early, you'll still be able to breastfeed. (YAY) Each passing week improves the likelihood that your baby will be born strong and healthy. His brain can detect rhythmic breathing and control body temperature, so he's less likely to need breathing assistance should he be born early. He's growing eyelashes, adding fat, and developing his brain. Because of brain wave activity, researchers have speculated that babies can even dream at this time!


How is my body changing??...
As the levels of prolactin increase in your body, your breasts may secrete colostrum, which can dampen your bra. Prolactin also has a sedating effect, and you may feel the need to take naps the way you did in the first trimester. Your uterus is now in a position where it exerts pressure on your bladder. Your frequent trips to the bathroom may also remind you of the first trimester. If you can, keep up your swimming, walking, yoga, or other non-weight bearing exercise, though you're not feeling as energetic (and as comfortable) as you did last trimester.

Since I'm having a MW, we don't do kickcounts. She suggests that I call if I don't feel the baby within a 4 hour period. Luckily, I don't have that problem. I feel him ALL the time!


Sleep?... Still pretty good but I attribute that to the exhaustion that I'm having and that we have a NEW bed! YAY! I'm still tossing and turning and getting up to pee at least once a night, some times I can hold out but it's getting harder to do that.

Health?... Still great. I've been very lucky.

Cravings?... Ummm, nothing this week, I don't think.

Food Aversions?... None

New Senstation?... I'm feeling body parts move across my belly. It's weird, crazy, exciting, etc. I still can't believe there's a baby in my belly and will be here in about 11ish weeks, give or take a couple.

Next appointment?... March 7th for our last ultrasound. It's the growth ultrasound which is ALL in 3D and I cannot WAIT for this appointment.

This past weekend was my joint shower with my Sister-in-law in California. She is getting married in July so we decided to do a joint shower so we'd only have to fly to Cali once. It was fun and I'm glad I got to share it with her. I will post pictures of that in a separate post.
Here's my weekly pictures.....



1 comment:

  1. For the record, I *always* choose the Bachelor over blogging. ;)

    Can't wait to see pics from the joint shower!

    ReplyDelete