Background

Monday, May 2, 2011

39 Weeks

How have I been feeling?... Very good, actually. This past weekend I relaxed quite a bit which helped the swelling in my feet drastically disappear. Sometimes I feel like I'm 39 weeks but at other times, I don't.

What am I looking forward to?... TOMORROW!!! My Mom is finally coming! YAY! And then after tomorrow, I cannot WAIT for the day this little boy is born! I will be exhausting all avenues after tomorrow night to get him out. lol

Any weight gain?... Since last week, I don't believe so. YAY!

How big is baby?.... Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Researchers have theorized that when babies are ready to be born, they send a chemical signal of androgens to the placenta, which increases the production of estrogen and leads to labor. If so, it's proof of the old saying that "only a baby knows when it's ready to be born."

How is my body changing??... Don't be surprised if you get discouraged now. Relatives may be calling regularly to find out if labor has started. Ignore them and make plans every day—see a movie, take a walk, read or simply lounge around at home. Relish this peaceful time while it lasts! To get some relief from your weight and aches, do plenty of hands-and-knees cat stretches and pelvic tilts. Soak in a warm bath, swim, or just float in the pool to take a break from gravity

Health?... Great. No complaints!

Cravings?... Anything that I shouldn’t be eating…..not good!

Food Aversions?... Nothing.

New Sensation?... Nothing new....constant peeing, some contractions, swollen feet, etc. lol

Next appointment?... Thursday to keep an eye on my blood pressure to make sure it doesn't go up. It's not high but since I have protein in my urine and swollen feet, they want to monitor my BP to ensure I don't get Pre-Eclampsia, which you can read about here.

Yesterday, we did a belly cast. I got SO hot while doing it, I thought I was going to pass out, no joke. Luckily that didn't happen but I can't wait to sand it down a little and make it look pretty so I can hang it in his room!



Last week at our group class, the NP ordered a 24 hour urine sample and some blood work. Well, I collected my urine all day on Sunday (yesterday) and then headed to the hospital today to give them some blood. When I had my 39 week appointment today, I was told my results came back fine. YAY! No Pre-Eclampsia. That made me very happy.

And my weekly pictures..............



                                                              Those aren't stretch marks. Not sure why it looks that way.

1 comment:

  1. You look awesome! I hope I can be like you and avoid the stretchmarks haha!

    ReplyDelete