Background

Friday, May 13, 2011

It's official....I will be pregnant forever

OK, realistically, I won't and I know that but it sure does feel that way.

So, as I was explaining in my last post about seeing my Midwife and possibly having her strip my membranes to get things rolling. Well, she checked me and I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. This was progress as the week before I was only a finger tip dilated and my cervix was still long but soft.

She did a little sweep of the membranes because she couldn't get in to do a full sweep. She informed me that I could possibly have a "bloody show" later and that this was normal. Well, she was right. Right before bed I think I lost the rest of my mucus plug and then the bloody show came. It wasn't like a mestrual cycle but more like stale blood; brownish/pinkish in color.

I was SURE things would start after seeing both of these. This was Wednesday (May 11th) evening. I woke up Thursday and went to work and was having some surges that were much different than the days leading up. I thought it was go time. I left work early, around 11am, and went home to rest in case it was the real deal.

Needless to say, it wasn't. This boy is toying with me and I'm starting to really not like it. I got a pedicure hoping that would help, mind you we walked there, then to the grocery store and a walk around the neighborhood followed by bouncing on my exercise ball. All to no avail, he's STILL in my belly and I'm back at work.

So, I officially feel like he will never come out and I will be pregnant forever. I know it's not possible but WHAT.IS.HE.WAITING.FOR?!?!?!?!?!?!

Preston............we are begging you, PLEASE come out!!! Your Mommy, Daddy, big brother Dexter, Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Papa, cousins, Aunts, Uncles and friends are all DYING to see you!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you, hun. You're doing a great job. Keep hanging in there (not that you have much choice)!

    ReplyDelete