Background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

40 weeks = REALLY?!?!

How have I been feeling?... Annoyed, frustrated, etc. I want Preston to come out so we can meet him. I want to stop working, I can't handle the comments I am getting from people at work. (ie: "You're still here?", "You haven't popped him out yet?", "Wasn't your due date yesterday?", "Why are you still at work?", etc, etc.)

Physically, I am exhausted but that's about it. I started having contractions on Sunday and they were 6 minutes apart so we thought it was the real deal but it wasn't. BOO!

What am I looking forward to?... need I say anything more than..... HAVING THIS BABY!!!!

Any weight gain?... No idea, it's the last thing on my mind at this point.

How big is baby?.... It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

How is my body changing??... Only getting bigger by the moment. lol

Health?... Great. No complaints!

Cravings?... Anything that I shouldn’t be eating…..not good!

Food Aversions?... Nothing.

New Sensation?... Contractions that are apparently false labor. We really had our hopes up he was going to come on his due date. Lets hope he comes ANY day now.

Next appointment?... Tomorrow and I'm seriously considering letting my Midwife strip my membranes to get this show on the road. I just don't want my Mom wasting her time here waiting around for him to come. She has to get back to NY to her part-time job and her life.....wish she could stay forever though. :-(

Here are my pictures and I hope they are the LAST of them....




No comments:

Post a Comment