Background

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just waiting.....

Here I am at 40 weeks and 2 days still waiting for this little boy to come into the world. I honestly did not think that I would go past my due date. I thought I would have had him in the 39th week. Why you ask? I really can’t give you a reason, just a feeling that apparently was wrong. Haha
Sunday, the day before I hit 40 weeks, I started having surges (aka contractions for those not familiar with Hypnobirthing) and we started timing them and they were about 6 minutes apart. We decided that it would be best if I went to bed to get some rest as I was exhausted. When I woke up, they continued but as the day went on, they weren’t getting any worse and not really time-able.  I called in to work too thinking we’d have a Due Date baby, which doesn’t happen very often. We were wrong.
I returned back to work yesterday and I was miserable. People kept saying “no baby? I thought for sure you were having him yesterday”, “you’re STILL here” (obviously, you moron), “what are you doing here?” etc. I was getting VERY annoyed so I popped in my new relaxation CD that I had gotten from Target a couple days before and ignored everyone because otherwise I may have done physical damage to someone.....
I started timing my surges but then I’d get distracted by work or a meeting or something so I stopped for a while. After lunch I started again and I had 4 in a row that were only 2 minutes apart and lasting less than 1 minute and definitely stronger than the ones I was having on Sunday and Monday. I for sure thought it was going to lead to active labor that night and a baby today.
HA, again, I was wrong. This boy is testing me. Or God is, not sure which one it is but I’m really not liking it.
I went for a walk around the neighborhood after dinner and bounced on my exercise ball while watching The Biggest Loser and The Voice.
I woke up this morning with the same surges as yesterday. I am not timing them as I feel like that gets my hopes up. I’m listening to my relaxation CD again and just looking forward to my appointment later today with Belinda.
Belinda is one of the two Midwives at the office I go to. I love her. She’s from England and has a very strong accent. She’s loud and boisterous and really loves her patients. She comes in and sits down and spends time with me like I’m one of her friends. My Mom was even shocked by it. I’m really really reaaaaaally hoping that she’s the one on call when I finally go into labor. I think she would push me past when I think I can’t go any further.
I will have her check me to see how dilated I am (and it better be more than a fingertip like I was last Monday) and if I am more dilated I will ask her what her thoughts are on stripping my membranes. She offered last week but I quickly refused as I was too scared but we’re getting desperate. My Mom has been here for 1 week and 1 day from NY waiting for the arrival of her first Grand baby. I feel bad that she’s wasting time when she and I could both be home with my little boy. I don’t want to be induced for many reasons so if I can do this to help jumpstart things, I may just go that route.
Stay tuned……………

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, mama! Preston, come soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy - You are doing SO good! Try to keep up those positive vibes, and remember that he'll be here when he's ready :) Let go, de-stress and before you know it, he'll be here. I can only imagine it's easier said than done, and I'll know soon enough I'm sure - but this REALLY is the homestretch and you are doing amazing at being patient and following your plan.

    No pregnancy lasts forever ;)

    Come on out Baby Preston!

    ReplyDelete