Background

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1st Doctor's appointment

Yesterday, September 13th, I had my first Dr's appointment. I was sooooo excited even though I knew I wasn't going to be getting an ultrasound.

When I got there, I had to pee in a cup so they could do a pregnancy test, even though I had positives at home. I think this is silly but whatever.

I get in the room and there's a "diaper bag" full of pamphlets, little books, a pregnancy book to record stuff through the pregnancy. It was really cool and I was pretty excited about it. I read through a few things before my Midwife came in (yes, I am using a Midwife, not an OB...this will be another post later).

I had seen her a month ago for my annual visit and we talked about infertility testing. That appointment was originally for yesterday but when I found out that I was pregnant, I called, cancelled that appointment and made my first prenatal visit. That was a great feeling.

So, my Midwife walks in and says "Stacy....are you knocked up already?" We both laughed and talked about how excited we were. She's wonderful, I really do love her and can't wait to go through this process with her. I can't wait for Daddy A to meet her.

So, they did blood work and she asked me some medical history questions and other questions to get us thinking, like "will we do genetic testing?", "if we have a boy, will we circumcise?", etc.

My first ultrasound appointment got set up and it's on SEPTEMBER 29th at 7:30AM!!! I had to do it at this time as Daddy A is in school and it was just too hard to do it later in the evening. We cannot WAIT for this day....to see/hear the heartbeat, see our little peanut in there moving around. I can't even imagine that feeling but I know I'll be crying. haha

And of course, she asked me how I was feeling. I responded with "great, I'm tired and hungry all the time but no nausea yet." Well, I should have knocked on wood because it started TODAY!!! I woke up not feeling so hot and it never went away all day. It's not bad, thank God, but it's there and I guess it's Baby A's way of letting me know he/she is doing ok in there and for me to relax. Thanks my little peanut! :-)

Tomorrow, we are making our way up to Northern Cal to see Daddy A's family. Daddy A is in his cousin's wedding on Saturday. We are making the long road trip, of about 10+ hours. We are hoping to leave around 1pm instead of 3:30pm. I really HATE driving through the night, I just can't stay awake!

I will update while we are there and after we tell Daddy A's parents that they are going to be Grandparents. Oh, how fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment