Background

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Telling my In-laws

So, we wanted to tell my in-laws in person since we were going up to see them shortly after we found out. Also, because I wasn't able to tell my parents in person.

Keeping this secret for 2 weeks was SO hard.

Thursday, the 16th, my Father-in-law had to work until 2:30ish so we had to go the whole day without telling his Mom. Wow, that was hard. We even started talking about sleep and some other things that I'd have to get used to when we did have a child.

After he got home from work, he had to run some errands but we told him to grab a beer and take a seat outside with us before he did these said errands. That's when my anxiety hit. I knew we had to do this soon. I went inside to use the bathroom and heard Daddy A's phone beeping so I thought, well, perfect opportunity to call him inside. We grabbed the onesies and the picture.

The onesies said "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" and "I heart Grandpa" and we put the "We are pregnant" picture in the middle.

We told them to close their eyes and that we had gotten them a present. When they opened their eyes, it was hilarious. Here is the video....

2 comments: