Background

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's official....WE ARE PREGNANT!!

I'm still in a state of shock, I'm not going to lie.

Let me give you a little background for those of you who don't know our journey.

We started TTC (trying to conceive) in October 2009. We thought, lets just see what happens. It can't be that hard to get pregnant, right? I mean, I see atleast 2 pregnant women a day.

Well, we quickly realized it wasn't as easy as we thought. So, when we realized it was a lot harder than just having sex (sorry folks), we knew we had to do something else. I started charting along with a few other things I won't mention. If you don't know what charting is, it's when you take your temperature every morning at the same time. You monitor your temps and when it spikes and stays up, that means you've ovulated. When it starts to go back down past your cover line (your average temp) then that means your period is about to come.

I charted for 7 months....wow, it was starting to consume my life but I know it's the reason we are pregnant today!!

I also went to a see a Naturopathic Dr, Daddy A got a Semen Analysis (came back normal) and I set up an appointment for Sept 13th to talk about testing. HA....don't need that appointment anymore. YAY!

So, Wednesday September 1, 2010, I woke up at 5:30 am to take my temperature and noticed it had gone up. I was only 11 days past ovulation (DPO) but thought, "eh, why not, we'll see what happens. If it's negative, I'll take another one tomorrow." Well.....the first one was a cheap test and the second line was VERY faint. I had only 1 digital test and decided to go for it......................PREGNANT!!! I stood there, with my mouth to the ground freaking out. Daddy A was sleeping and I had to shower so I hopped in. I immediately start to cry and thank the Lord for blessing us with this miracle.

I get out of the shower and decide I just have to tell Daddy A (I really wanted to do something cute lol) and I said "I took a pregnancy test and it said pregnant." He said "holy shit, are you serious?" I would NOT lie about something we've been waiting, hoping and praying for, for 10 months.

Unbelieveable day. A day, we will never forget. A day, I will tell to many many people. A day I still have to tell to a few more very important people!!

This is the beginning of a very important journey for us and I hope you're ready to watch Baby A and my belly grow because I'll be putting it all out there (here).

My first Dr's appointment is set for September 13th. There will be no ultrasound but probably just blood work to "confirm" pregnancy. I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!!

Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure!!

12 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!! That picture is pretty dang funny! :) We are so thrilled for you and are excited to watch the progress! Yay! You will be amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great photo! And again I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOO exciting! Love the blog--you did a great job with your story, Stace. Can't wait to see pictures of the belly as it grows!
    Love and like all THREE of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Mom. You finally figured out how to post a comment! Woohooo!!! Three of us! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited! I can not wait to be an Auntie!! Now I just gottta keep my mouth shut so you guys can tell everyone.. dang! Oh and I can not wait to buy a ton of 49er clothing! You are going to love it Stace, lol. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention I am still in SHOCK! And I am officially going to be POOR by spoiling this child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic! Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story, glad this finally happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should have said I Love and Like all FOUR of you! I can't believe I forgot my little Dexter!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute story Stacy, I laughed and I cried. and that picture is just about the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to watch your journey into mommyhood, you are going to be one awesome momma!

    ReplyDelete