Background

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Reactions from Family & Friends

Originally before we got pregnant, I always said I wouldn't tell people until I was close to 12 weeks, except my family, of course. Well, I threw that rule out the second I found out I was pregnant.

We found out Wednesday, September 1st....bad idea, I know, because I had to go to work but I just HAD a feeling that I was pregnant. How in the heck was I going to be able to function at work knowing this wonderful secret that I just wanted to yell to the whole world? Well, I had to tell my closest work friends, Sarah and Kayleen because they knew our trials and tribulations of trying to get pregnant.

So, I brought the pregnancy test to work with me because 1) I wanted to look at it over and over again throughout the day and 2) I knew they wouldn't believe me if I just told them. lol

They were so excited. Sarah cried a little and Kayleen basically tackled me to the ground (ok, not really but she jumped on me).

I went to lunch with said friends to celebrate. Once I got in the car, I just HAD to call my Mom. She's known everything since we started TTC and I just couldn't keep it from her any longer. I really wanted to try to do something cute after work, maybe Skype or something but my excitement got the better of me.

I called and we made small talk about the weather back in NY and what she was doing. She asked if we had heard any news on the house (that was her first thought, that we got the house) and I said "nope, no news on the house buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I'M PREGNANT!" She swore a little, didn't believe it to be true at first but then started crying, which caused me to cry and then Sarah and Kayleen joined in with some tears. What a fun thing to tell your Mom. She's going to be a GRANDMA for the first time. Woohooo!! I felt a lot better after telling her. We continued talking throughout the day through text messages about how excited we were. :-)

Now, I knew my sister-in-law (SIL) would be asking me any day if I had gotten my period. She asked me the week before and I told her I should be getting it the following week so she said "ok, I'll ask you again next week." So, I text her and told her. She couldn't believe it. I think she may be having a harder time keeping it a secret than I am. She wants to tell everyone too that she's going to be an Aunt. Well, we haven't told her parents yet (we're telling them next Thursday when we see them up in Cali) so it's been difficult for her.

David & Lacey...my cousin-in-laws and very good friends. Lacey has been following me with my TTC journey as well and knows about when I was ovulating and when to expect my dear friend Aunt Flo so she was asking if I was going to take a test soon. (this was Thursday) I had to lie to her because, again, I wanted to tell her in person. So, Friday we went over to their house just to hang out. I was soooo anxious to tell them that I got one of the pictures of us below (holding the pee stick) and I said "I have a picture for you but first I want to apologize for lying to you" and I handed it to her. It took her about 2 seconds and then she screamed, hugged me and then we both started crying.

Aaaah, it's so fun telling people in person.

My close girl friends here in AZ, were ecstatic as well as they knew how badly we wanted this and how long it had been taking us. I love them!

We have more family to tell when in California and hopefully even more after the first ultrasound. Not sure when that'll be, maybe 3-4 weeks. Seems like forever, I know, but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it!

I love my family and friends. I really do feel truly blessed to have them all in my life and our little one (LO) will have soooo much love given to him/her, I just can't wait to meet him/her!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. And you told me too! I wish you could have told me in person. I was very very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, sorry, Linds! I wish I could have told you too in person! :-(

    ReplyDelete