Background

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1st ultrasound & a week further than we thought

So, today was the big day to see our little peanut on the monitor.

I was SOOOOOOOOO nervous before going in. Our appointment was at 7:30am and I had to drink 32 oz's of water before going ( that was fun lol).

We got right in and I really thought I was going to need the vaginal ultrasound because I've heard that's what you get for your 1st one. I was prepared, I shaved my legs for the occasion and well, that doesn't happen very often. haha

Little did I know, I didn't have to get the vaginal. YAY! I thought that'd be a little weird with Daddy A in there with me. Yes, I know he's going to be seeing a lot more giong on with my body than a little vaginal ultrasound but still.

She found the baby right away....we both cried. Daddy A tried to hide it but I could see the tears in his eyes. :-)

Then she said, "lets hear the heartbeat." Well, she didn't have to say that twice. There it was. We cried some more! haha WHAT.AN.AMAZING.SOUND. I was prepared to be emotional but not THAT emotional. It truly was the best sound I've ever heard. It was beating at 155 beats a minute and the heart was flickering so fast. It was just amazing. I'm sorry, there's no other word for it.

Also, I thought I was 7 weeks 3 days but I guess according to the size of the baby, I'm 8 weeks 2 days. YAY to almost a week further along than we thought!

I love my little peanut more than anything and I can't wait to see him./her again in December when we find out the sex. I hope he/she cooperates!

Here is the picture you've all been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment