Background

Saturday, September 4, 2010

First letter to Baby A

To my little miracle, my shining star....

Tomorrow will mark the day that you are 4 weeks (according to my calculations). From now until 10 weeks, all of your organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function. As a result, this is the time when you'll be most vulnerable to anything that might interfere with your development. I want you to know that I will NEVER do anything to jeopardise your health or development. I have been taking prenatal vitamins for over a year and I'm giving you Omega 3's with DHA to help your brain develop so you can be a little smarty pants! ;-)

Right now you are an embryo the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of her organs and body parts will develop.

I cannot wait to see you on the monitor moving around, looking like a little peanut. You are my little peanut. You have made me realize there's a love greater than I ever knew possible. I knew I loved you before you were even conceived but now that I know you have made a little home inside my belly, you will never understand the love I have for you.

Daddy and I talk about how excited we are to see you grow and can't wait for the day that we can meet you.

I went to a baby store today with a couple girl friends to look for cloth diapers for you. There are SO many different kinds to chose from. I have a few already saved for your little bottom. Oh, that little bottom....it's going to be so sweet and soft.

Well, my sweet angel, you continue to grow healthy and strong. Your Mommy and Daddy love you more than anything!!!

xoxoxo
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment